27 February 2011

Recognition

Brigid has been recognized twice in recent days with the "Stylish Blogger Award". The rules of the program require that recipients nominate 15 other bloggers, as well as telling seven things about themselves that others might not know. She was kind enough to include me in her list.

I've never thought of myself as a "stylish" anything, although there have been moments ... but I digress. :)

She went over and above, as usual, in telling 10 things about herself. It's worth your time, if you haven't already seen it.

In the meantime, there's the award.













So, I must tell you some things you might not know about me:

1. During a flood in the mid-80s, while a firefighter, my engine company used our pumper as an anchor to keep several propane tanks and a mobile home from washing away.

2. I once grew six inches in six months, from 5'3" to 5'9. My mom went nuts trying to keep me in pants that were long enough. (I remember being 5'3" because it was the same height as Davy Jones of the Monkees, who was popular at the time.)

3. While stationed in the Aleutian Islands, I helped teach cold-weather survival classes to new arrivals.

4. Helen Reddy and I once literally ran into each other as the staff from Six Flags was taking her up the off-ramp from the roller coaster, so she could avoid the crowds. I was looking over my shoulder, talking to a friend, and don't know if she hit me or vice-versa. (So much for a brush with greatness...)

5. I was nearly kicked out of college for being a rabble-rouser. (Long story, but I had quite a temper and was the prototypical "angry young man" at the time.)

6. My favorite TV shows are Firefly, Red Dwarf, Top Gear, and Doctor Who. And I do confess to a weakness for Futurama.

7. I'm just your typical, boring middle-aged husband and father. Actually, that's not much of a secret at all.


Other bloggers who deserve the recognition far more than I:

Jenny
Teresa
Tam
Roberta X
Wing
Breda
Julie
Steven
Jay G.
Joated
DR and SR

Thank you, Brigid, for the nod.

3 comments:

joated said...

Moi!? Surely you jest. I'm about as vanilla as they come. (Well, maybe with a few little exceptions.)

I gotta agree that Brigid deserves that Stylish Blogger Award. I've never met the lady, but I sure would like to have a beer or two with the gal who's lived the stories she tells.

On a Wing and a Whim said...

Stylish? My boots have burns from welding splatter and speckles from aircraft dope that haven't rubbed off yet...

I shall do my best, sir.

DR said...

Thanks for the award I'm certainly not stylish but SR is.