06 March 2011

About That Meme

whereby we're supposed to come up with seven "secrets" about ourselves ...

The ones that came to mind when I posted on it were boring in the extreme. I have thought of a couple of things that should have been included:
  • I won a silver dollar when I was seven years old, competing in a "Draw Quickdraw McGraw" contest at one of the local TV stations in St. Louis.
  • While stationed overseas, I managed to break three lumbar vertebrae and my left ankle in a motorcycle accident.
  • My best buddy convinced me to swim a '69 Bronco through a creek at night, while he acted as spotter in the passenger seat. I didn't know how deep the water was, but the water marks were at the door-handle level, the next morning.

Like most young men growing up in farm country, I managed to get into - and fortunately out of - the normal scrapes. Thanks to Uncle Sam, there were quite a few more which I may speak about some other time.

No comments: