31 July 2011

Sunday Stuff

Four people died after a midair collision Saturday afternoon between two single-engine floatplanes at Amber Lake about 12 miles southwest of Trapper Creek, the Alaska State Troopers reported.

A Cessna 180 crashed and burned at the site, about 90 miles northwest of Anchorage, killing all four aboard. The other plane, a Cessna 206, had damage to its floats but landed safely at Stevens International. Its pilot and passenger were uninjured.

May God comfort those who survived - families, friends, and the two men in the other plane.

* * * * *

A recent addition to my blogroll, a Navy man self-titled the Mellow Jihadi, has issued a challenge to "America's 1st Sergeant". Apparently the good Marine has an issue with a Naval officer, and the Jihadi is trying to help. Check it out here.


* * * * *
And speaking of God ...
A Message from the high and towering God, who lives in Eternity, whose name is Holy: "I live in the high and holy places, but also with the low-spirited, the spirit-crushed, And what I do is put new spirit in them, get them up and on their feet again. For I'm not going to haul people into court endlessly, I'm not going to be angry forever. Otherwise, people would lose heart. These souls I created would tire out and give up. I was angry, good and angry, because of Israel's sins. I struck him hard and turned away in anger, while he kept at his stubborn, willful ways. When I looked again and saw what he was doing, I decided to heal him, lead him, and comfort him, creating a new language of praise for the mourners. Peace to the far-off, peace to the near-at-hand," says God— "and yes, I will heal them." 
(Isaiah 57:15)


No comments: