Yesterday, the aspiring chefs spent the day going through what Sam describes as "many steps" to make fish chowder. It contains an assortment of Alaskan salmon, clam and rockfish.
Today's concoction was ravioli and marinara sauce, among some other, lesser side dishes.
I asked her how this week of class is "intermediate" when the "basic" camp, a few weeks back seemed much more complicated. She said that tomorrow they're processing whole rabbits along with some type of risotto.
I still think this week is easier than before, but the food is definitely tasty!
4 comments:
As soon as I finish painting the roof, I'm coming out to proctor the final exams in this class!
Sure sounds good!
I envy her that experience. The only "formal" cooking instruction I had was home ec, taught in junior high with a spinster teacher who taught us such marvels as gruel and stewed prunes.
Tell Sam WAY TO GO!!!!
Rabbits! Mmmmm!
Sounds tasty!
PolyKahr
Post a Comment