running the furnace on August 7. It was 49 and blustery, with rain just ending, when we awoke. Even closing the windows at that point didn't help much, so I gave in & turned on the heat. It only ran twice before going dormant again, but we're a bit dismayed that we had to run it at all.
I know it's hotter than blue blazes in much of the U.S., but it's gloomy here, and the trees are being whipped by the wind.
We experienced the same weather pattern last year. It stayed chilly and damp in August, then we had a warm, sunny September. Alaska is just a different country.
4 comments:
It's that pesky global warming in action....
Alaska is beautiful. But it and I don't have the same concept of Summer.
It was a hundred here the other day. The wife and I went to see the
Sound of Music at a outside theater up in the mountains and we quickly went from 100 to 80 to 75 down to 70 and then to a wonderful 65 and at that point the wife stole the blanket from me. Well she didn't really steal the blanket I just didn't like knowing she was cold.
Seriously, we should swap for about 2 weeks...
Post a Comment