There have been far fewer words appearing here of late, and for that I apologize. The well isn't empty, exactly, but my motivation level has dropped precipitously. It's not that there are fewer things to write about, as anyone who watches the news knows. I'm just having trouble mustering the desire to sit down and write about it.
There are a couple things worth mentioning:
The Daily News reports that some tourists decided to take pictures of Baby Bear, apparently ignorant of the fact that a cub that young would have a much larger Mama Bear who takes issue with people getting that close. Geez, folks, there's a reason they have fences at the zoo.
![]() |
| Photo from today's Anchorage Daily News |
I used to think the fences were to protect the people from the critters inside, but apparently it's the other way 'round.
Person(s) unknown sent packages filled with a white powder to offices of Alaska's congressional & Senatorial delegates (Don Young, Lisa Murkowski, and Mark Begich). According to Rep. Young, it was "concrete powder". The return address was in Arizona.
That's about it for this morning. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:
I'll still read, even if it is less and infrequent.
And I cancelled my local blogmeet, too. *cough*
I don't suppose there are any interesting pictures of when pictured tourists discovered that Mama was around are there?
It's hard to get time to actually write thoughtfully. It would be one thing if folks were paid to do this but it isn't our day job and life gets in the way in the evenings.
I'll still read yours. I like stories about people towing bodies in boats. We really don't do much like that here.
Non-blogger but blog reader here in Anchorage. Although I have to admit I just found yours via Bayou Renaissance Man.
North - I totally get that. :)
PH - no pictures of half-eaten tourists. The local papers get hinky about that sort of thing ... go figure.
Matthew - nice to hear from you. BRM's an acquaintance; in fact, it's his wife who flew to TN, which I referred to here. Welcome!
Post a Comment