Chaplains weren't bared from bearing arms until the 20th century. There are more than several accounts of chaplains in the Civil and Revolutionary War bearing arms. Currently it is only Army, Air Force and Navy Policy that prohibits chaplains bearing arms.
7 comments:
I thought Chaplains were barred from arms, even in the Confederate Army... ;)
Love the uniform. Too bad we have not brought those back into service;-)
Good one, and here's to the good ol' days!!! :-)
Assassin, you're correct - but I wasn't a chaplain back then.
DR, I thought you'd like it. :)
Old NFO, here's to us, and them like us. Those days will not come again...
Great pic! You were part of the OLD Navy. . .
Chaplains weren't bared from bearing arms until the 20th century. There are more than several accounts of chaplains in the Civil and Revolutionary War bearing arms. Currently it is only Army, Air Force and Navy Policy that prohibits chaplains bearing arms.
And since the USMC uses Navy Chaplains, as does the Coast Guard, that makes a Straight Flush. ;)
Post a Comment