Before you look to do harm to Chief Justice Roberts or his family, it’s important that you think carefully about the meaning – the true nature — of his ruling on Obama-care. The Left will shout that they won, that Obama-care was upheld and all the rest. Let them.
It will be a short-lived celebration.
Here’s what really occurred — payback. Yes, payback for Obama’s numerous, ill-advised and childish insults directed toward SCOTUS.
Chief Justice Roberts actually ruled the mandate, relative to the commerce clause, was unconstitutional. That’s how the Democrats got Obama-care going in the first place. This is critical. His ruling means Congress can’t compel American citizens to purchase anything. Ever. The notion is now officially and forever, unconstitutional. As it should be.
There's a LOT more, so go read the whole thing. Then come back & tell me what you think.
4 comments:
I am sorry, I strongly disagree with the article. Justice Roberts has set a legal precedence that allows Congress to violate the Constitution as long as they call it a tax. We also can't forget that he sold out states rights in the Arizona ruling.
I see a lot of mainstream conservatives are trying to claim it is a victory. I just see it as a loss.
That is my two cents, my friend.
That's fine, DR. I'm seeking honest assessments, and that's what you've provided. Thank you.
Alas, I am with DR. I would like to feel good about this but I just......don't
Yeah, I'm not seeing the "victory" and don't see Roberts trying to be all Machiavellian like they seem to think. If that were the case, it'd suggest such in the opinion and the other conservative justices and legal scholars on our side would have been a party to it. This was clearly not a secret plan by Roberts to torpedo Obamacare, no matter what a few desperate folks want to think. It was a crap sandwich, and we're all gonna have to take a bite.
Post a Comment