27 June 2012

Summertime in Anchorage

What do Anchorage-ites do on a windy, blustery June day?
from www.adn.com



* * * * *
found at www.adn.com


* * * * *

Alaska’s unofficial State bird, the mosquito (roughly the same size as a Piper Super Cub by some accounts) is dominating the south-central portion of our fair State. “At Alaska Mill & Feed, customers have already purchased more mosquito trapsthan they did all last summer, said store manager Pete Hitchings.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand they don't draw blood immediately, but rather scoop you up and wedge you in the fork of a tree, to eat at their leisure...

ProudHillbilly said...

Wheeeeee! But do they every get their sails tangled?

Rev. Paul said...

armedlaughing: bwaaahahahahhaa!

PH: No that I've seen or heard ... but anything's possible. :)

joated said...

Funny, but in 2010 we ran into narry a one. I got no bites and Terry got two just two, but they like her O-neg blood anywhere she goes.

Old NFO said...

Okay, y'all are nuts... that water temp is 'barely' above freezing...