Being a Florida guy, I've always wanted to see Alaska but figured I'd freeze solid. I want to see it like that - not in the summer, not one of the cruise ships. "Almost" have gone a few times but something always comes up. It's still on my bucket list.
Graybeard: it's beautiful here in the summer AND winter - winter is merely a different kind of beauty. I encourage you to come see for yourself, if/when you can.
Very beautiful. My husband and I visited Alaska on several occasions. He even visited Juneau in winter. I could watch auroras all day/night long. Thanks for posting.
15 comments:
TOO DAMN COLD! :-)
Old NFO - maybe I shouldn't mention that many of those scenes were shot during break-up, when the temps were moderate. So I won't. ;)
Please stop it!!
I want to get back there sometime before I am to dang old...
Cold? I'll take it...
MaddMedic: what can I say? Alaska exerts its charm on those who are compatible, and ... dare I say it, resistance is futile.
LOL, the ONLY place I like ice is in a drink! :-) I've spent time in Adak, Kodiak, Eielson, Ice Camp APLIS and Thule... I've had ENOUGH of the cold!!!
NFO, I'll yield to you on that one. If a body ain't likin' the cold, then it ain't likin' the cold ... and nuthin's gonna change that. :)
Wonderful - takes my breath away.
Being a Florida guy, I've always wanted to see Alaska but figured I'd freeze solid. I want to see it like that - not in the summer, not one of the cruise ships. "Almost" have gone a few times but something always comes up. It's still on my bucket list.
Graybeard: it's beautiful here in the summer AND winter - winter is merely a different kind of beauty. I encourage you to come see for yourself, if/when you can.
Glorious!
Just beautiful. I've got to get to Alaska in the winter.
threecollie, we agree. :)
Cathy, I really think you'd love it.
I can't handle the cold. Looks Beautiful and has its charms. Perhaps it is worth the price?
Keads, the trick is lots of layers. We don't "put up with the cold" - we protect ourselves from it.
You paint a very persuasive picture. I would so miss the mountains and coast here. Perhaps I need to observe for myself before I pass judgement.
Very beautiful. My husband and I visited Alaska on several occasions. He even visited Juneau in winter. I could watch auroras all day/night long. Thanks for posting.
Post a Comment