02 July 2012

Not Just a Failure

but a SPECTACULAR failure.

When I picked up the .270 this afternoon, the scope rattled. I popped the caps off, and there was a round bit, nearly an inch thick (or so it appeared, through the eyepiece), lodged perpendicularly to the barrel, against the glass.

It rolls back and forth, for part of the length of the scope.

What a piece of gos-se.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Ouch... What kind of scope? And any chance of a return/repair???

Rev. Paul said...

It's a Bushnell "Banner" model - and they're supposed to have a lifetime guarantee, consisting of a free replacement.

I just don't know if I want to trust another inexpensive scope, of no better quality than the last, or spend the money for a better one.

ProudHillbilly said...

I don't know much about the construction of such things but it seems like "rattle" should not be involved...