18 March 2013

Something New for Hunters

I recently connected with an old Navy buddy, an avid hunter and fisherman, who’s trying to get a new business off the ground. I’ve not done this before, but I offered to give Craig some free publicity here; I figured some of the folks who read this might be able to use it.

* * * * *

I asked him to tell the story in his own words:

Crooked Creek Products
75 Crooked Creek Way
Covington, GA 30016
flyfishfever@comcast.net
678-878-6170
PayPal available

Crooked Creek Products

 
Wolverine Tree Seat

Easy to use, with quick set-up
  • Crooked Creek Products has a non-climbing tree seat design for the active outdoors man: The Wolverine Tree Seat. The seat is made of all welded steel construction but still only weighs 10 pounds.
  • As a life-long hunter of small game, birds, and deer, I always enjoy finding new products in clothing, boots, cold weather gear, knives, etc. to make my hunts more successful and comfortable. I was bear hunting a few years ago and found an area with plenty of activity. I had a climbing stand with me but there weren't many trees mature enough to accommodate my stand. I decided to use the lower part of the climbing stand as a seat - the bottom was too long to sit down and rest against the tree comfortably, but it still was put to good use during the hunt. When I got back home from my hunt I decided to design and build my own non-climbing tree seat for the upcoming deer season.

  • The tubing is galvanized to resist corrosion. How strong is it? The seat has been static tested to hold at least 350 lb. That's all the weights I had in my weight room to put on it.  The support cable assembly is made from mil-spec rated materials to hold up to 500 lb.
  • Some hunters are not physically able to use tree stands or carry them into the woods. The Wolverine Tree Seat is far more mobile. If one area of the woods is not productive, the user can pack up and move within a few minutes and stalk their way to a new area. That's how I successfully hunt. I have stalked more deer since using this seat than I ever did sitting still for hours in the same tree. Have you ever noticed how noisy a climbing stand get when climbing a tree? The Wolverine Tree Seat is quiet and comfortable to sit in. The finish allows the user to slowly turn 180° silently, from side to side, while looking for the big one to come your way.
Multiple attachment points allow the cable to fit various trunk diameters
  • The Wolverine Tree Seat is so lightweight and portable that it could be used by day hikers, campers, bird watchers, turkey hunters, or on picnics. It can be used as a table to set up your camp stove, sort of an end table next to a camp chair, set up your lantern, or to eat from.
  • Retail price of $60.00 plus $17.00 shipping and handling
* * * * *

If you're interested, I know Craig would like to hear from you. 

No comments: