Serious question: Was this a reference to Rev 6:2 or was he referring to a different dude on a white horse?
KJV REV 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
Matt, in the context, he's referring to a self-proclaimed savior (or "messiah") who says he can save us ... if only we'll surrender our rights and freedoms.
That's what I was thinking. President Reagan never seem to be an end times kinda guy and to be honest I don't study that subject too much myself.
But with all the fuss with some that proclaim that a certain prominent person is the anti-christ combined with the verse above that mentions someone with a crown doing some conquering, Reagan's quote just hit me funny.
Powerful words. I read on The Drudge Report headline that Obama is causing more gun sales than ever before in history. There are 32 gun purchases every minute.
11 comments:
Serious question: Was this a reference to Rev 6:2 or was he referring to a different dude on a white horse?
KJV REV 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
Matt, in the context, he's referring to a self-proclaimed savior (or "messiah") who says he can save us ... if only we'll surrender our rights and freedoms.
That's what I was thinking. President Reagan never seem to be an end times kinda guy and to be honest I don't study that subject too much myself.
But with all the fuss with some that proclaim that a certain prominent person is the anti-christ combined with the verse above that mentions someone with a crown doing some conquering, Reagan's quote just hit me funny.
Thanks for the clarification.
Spot on, spot on.
No worries, Matt. It was a fair question. :)
Thanks, PH. Agreed!
Powerful words. I read on The Drudge Report headline that Obama is causing more gun sales than ever before in history. There are 32 gun purchases every minute.
That's true, Cathy - he's practically Gun Salesman of the Year for the last several years. LOL!
Truer words were never spoken! Ronald Reagan was a very wise man!
BTW, Rev. Paul, LOVE the header of the moose in the water...great pic.
Blessings!
Thank you on all counts, CottonLady. :^)
Yep!
(thought to change it up from the ubiquitous Amen!)
gfa
Amen, gfa! :^)
Post a Comment