19 October 2013

Saturday, So Far

It's been a busy day, so far. A story, mostly in pictures:

The local model airplane store, where I was transfixed by this six-foot-long B-25 Mitchell bomber.

The full-size versions of these can be found at Lake Hood.

Nice little Piper floatplane

F-86 Sabrejet, upside down for some reason

A very large mural in the mall hallway, showing Denali (tourists refer to it as Mt. McKinley, for some reason)

And ending with lunch at our favorite Irish pub (O'Brady's)


After lunch I put new weatherstripping on the bottom edge of the garage door. Not a major task by any means, but something that needed doing before any more rain makes its way inside.

Older Daughter is in the kitchen mulling a large pot of cider, and Mrs. Paul is prepping something wonderful for dinner.

6 comments:

Sandy Livesay said...

Rev. Paul,

I love all of those model planes hanging from the ceiling. My husband would be like a kid in a candy store if he was there. I can imagine you were like a kid in a candy store too.

Apple cider, YUM!!!!!

Chickenmom said...

Seems you all had a wonderful day! Hubby has built a few RC planes over the years - they take a long time to do.

PioneerPreppy said...

No people in the mall or the pub it seems.

Rev. Paul said...

Why yes, Sandy. Yes, I was. :)

Chickenmom, it has been a very good day.

Preppy, I picked my moments carefully, and - especially in the model plane store - was aiming up at a fairly steep angle. That, and I edited out the heads of the other shoppers in those pix.

Keads said...

Very nice! Wish I could check the shops out.

Rev. Paul said...

Thanks, Kelly. If you ever make it up this way, I'd be happy to show you around. :)