01 February 2014

Chores Are Done

As per usual, my wife & I woke around 05:00 and shared a pot of coffee.  After an early breakfast, we did the weekly shopping (Costco, Wally World, Safeway and GNC), cleaned the house, I changed the oil in her car.  In the midst of all that, we also stepped out for a bite of lunch at one of our favorite places:

O'Brady's Pub

We also swung past the post office, gas station and the bank.

Now, it's 14:00 (2 pm to you landlubbers), and the chores are complete. She's in the kitchen preparing ingredients for Mexi-Cali chili from a recipe we were given by friends from Chico, CA. That will round out the pile o' healthy snacks for the big game tomorrow.

Who are we rooting for, you ask? Denver ... and therein lies a tale. (And didn't you just know there would?)

It seems the Seahawks have a HUGE following up here, for no better reason than that they're the closest NFL team to Alaska. Apparently, 1,350 miles constitutes "close".

But those of you who have been reading this little corner of the 'net know that I react badly to having something crammed down my throat. So I'm rooting for Denver because they ain't Seattle.

Heh.

18 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Tsk, tsk. Alaska is a Seattle suburb. And didn't the Seahawks fly for years on Alaska Airlines (another fine Seatle company)?

Stephen said...

I'm a huge fan of the Evergreen Geoducks. Google is your friend. If I knew how to insert a photo here I would.
You guys shop much like us. She checks her spreadsheet for prices and then its off we go to Costco, Walmart's newly opened grocery store, and then the flea market and then...well, you get the picture.

Rev. Paul said...

LOL. Most suburbs aren't 3 1/2 hours away by air, so ... nope. :) Alaska Air started here, then moved. But neither of those things has anything to do with football. :)

Rev. Paul said...

Agreed. We make the list in advance, plan the route, get what we need from each store ... and then it's done.

joated said...

Routing for Denver because it's not Seattle is as good a reason as some and better than most. In any case, I'm routing for the guy who shouts, "OMAHA" most. ;-)

(Besides, those puke green and blue uniforms the Seahawks wear make my eyes water and stomach do flip-flops.)

Cathy said...

Whew! Hubby is Bronco maniac.
Joated got it right!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

For truly insane fans, the ones from Oregon who make the trip on Amtrak scare me. Lucky the stadium is a short stagger from the station.

denimflyz said...

Denver here also. I guess because I am about 400 miles from both Denver and Omaha. Does that count? Also, the SeaHawk's uniforms for some reason, remind me of sea sickness....

Rev. Paul said...

joated - thanks! I agree about the uniforms, too.

Cathy, it appears I'm in good company. :)

denimflyz, I couldn't agree more!

Rev. Paul said...

I hear you, sir. Since I'm originally from the St. Louis area, where the Cardinals vs. Cubs rivalry is equally legendary, I've seen way too many both blue & red shirts staggering into - and out of - Busch Stadium.

PioneerPreppy said...

There is some kind of sporting event tomorrow?

Sandy Livesay said...

Rev. Paul,

Now you have a totally cleaned house, oil change complete, and your shopping all done. It's time to sit back, enjoy your chili, and the game tomorrow.

Denver here!!!

On a Wing and a Whim said...

Mmm, Obrady's. Scene of some fine tipsy revelry, that, perhaps a few too many irish coffees, and where I acquired my taste for Tullamore Dew.

Also where Peter looked at me incredulously, and said "Irish Nachos? WHAT?"
"What of it? Some of the chips are green, that counts!"

Old NFO said...

I 'think' I had a beer or a dozen there years ago... I 'think'... :-)

Rev. Paul said...

So it would seem. :)

Rev. Paul said...

You bet, Sandy - woohoo!

Rev. Paul said...

Hee hee hee ...

Rev. Paul said...

Yeah, too many Guinness will do that to a memory. :)