04 April 2015

Overheard at the Grocery Store

Mom, pushing cart: So what else do we need?

Son: We need more ice cream.

M: We have lots of ice cream. We just bought it this morning.

S: No, we don't.

M: Sure we do. It was in the back of the other car, where you were unloading, this morning.

S: Yes, right up until those two bears found it. That's when I went inside real fast.

M: There were bears in the car?!?

S: I don't think you want to hear the rest of this.


h/t Older Daughter, who heard the whole conversation

6 comments:

threecollie said...

Only in Alaska! Great story.

Mrs. S. said...

Generally when something goes in one end of a bear, something else comes out of the other. Wonder how the rest of the story went?

Old NFO said...

Oh... Yeah, I'd be letting them have the ice cream too!

Rev. Paul said...

Thanks, threecollie.

Mrs. S, I suspect you already know - or can guess - the rest of the story.

NFO, it wouldn't be much of a contest. :)

Sandy Livesay said...

Rev Paul,

I would be inside the house while the bears stock their own pantry with my groceries.

Rev. Paul said...

That's probably the wisest course of action, ma'am. :)