06 November 2016

Finish Well

From Dutch Sheets:

Regarding the upcoming elections, I have already made my case for the agenda I can and cannot support. You can read it in English HERE or Spanish HERE, or listen to it HERE. If you have not read or heard it, please check it out. However, this is not an attempt to restate those views and appeals.

The purpose of this alert is to ask the praying church of America to finish well. I received the following text yesterday from a colleague in another state: "I felt like I heard the Lord urge me to tell you to keep up the fight; what you’re doing is working! In football terms, the church needs to be in its goal line offense, ready to push the ball into the end zone. It is not a time to quit, but to press harder and harder and harder until the election is over."

Like many of you, I've been praying diligently and working tirelessly regarding this election. In fact, I just returned from a 15-day/12-city prayer tour. I'm tired – no, I'm exhausted. But, like David versus Goliath, this is winner-take-all, a life and death struggle. Our nation’s destiny as a light to the world and a beachhead for the gospel, the futures of our children and grandchildren—all are at risk. The stakes could not be higher.

I believe in the importance of sound strategy. I believe in the power of the press and the power of persuasion. But the power I believe in more than any other is the power of prayer. So, I will finish well. I will pray across the goal line and into the end zone. Won't you please join me?

Please consider doing this for the next 3 days:
 
  • Do a prayer conference call with some friends.
  • Take a walk each of the next three days and pray.
  • Pray as you drive to and from work.
  • Pastors, please, please, please take some time in your services tomorrow and pray for God's will to be done in our nation.
  • Go to our free prayer app, Give Him 15, and join hundreds of thousands as we agree in prayer. (This can be done in as little as five minutes!)
  • Join many as we fast a meal or more each day, and pray for our nation.

“Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16 NASB). May our appeals for His grace and mercy move the heart of God!

Please consider sharing this with your family and friends.

Sincerely,
Dutch Sheets

P.S. And remember to vote on November 8th for one who will appoint pro-life judges to the Supreme Court.

7 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Abortion, sodomy and gun control alone make the decision easy for me, all those additional reasons why Christians can't be democrats anymore are just extra ammo.

Rev. Paul said...

Well said, sir. Thank you.

Old NFO said...

My decision was already made and acted upon.

LindaG said...

I don't understand anyone, any more, who votes democrat. And I don't understand people who say Trump is the bad one and that Killary hasn't been found guilty of anything(!).

Amen to what you say, Reverend.

Rev. Paul said...

NFO - understood; thank you. Rev. Sheets is reminding us all to continue praying, though.

Linda, they are living out the prophecies of the Book of Revelation, wherein the Lord told the Apostle John that the people would suffer from a strong deception. We're seeing that before our eyes.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Dear God, please heal our nation and deliver us from this scourge.

Rev. Paul said...

Amen!