31 August 2017

God's Word for Thursday, 8/31/17

So come, let us worship: bow before him, on your knees before God, who made us! Oh yes, he’s our God, and we’re the people he pastures, the flock he feeds. Drop everything and listen, listen as he speaks: “Don’t turn a deaf ear as in the Bitter Uprising, As on the day of the Wilderness Test, when your ancestors turned and put me to the test. For forty years they watched me at work among them, as over and over they tried my patience. And I was provoked—oh, was I provoked! ‘Can’t they keep their minds on God for five minutes? Do they simply refuse to walk down my road?’ Exasperated, I exploded, ‘They’ll never get where they’re headed, never be able to sit down and rest.’”
Psalm 95:6-8 MSG


Want it another way?

O come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker [in reverent praise and prayer]. For He is our God and we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand.


Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts and become spiritually dull as at Meribah [the place of strife], and as at Massah [the place of testing] in the wilderness.

Psalm 95:6-8 (Amp)

2 comments:

LindaG said...

Both good. Today I think I like the more modern version best. Though both are easy to understand.

Thank you, Reverend. Hope you have a blessed Friday.

Rev. Paul said...

I'm glad you liked it, Linda. Thank you.