03 September 2017

God's Word for Sunday, 9/3/17

And now, the Master, God, sends me and his Spirit with this Message from God, your Redeemer, The Holy of Israel: “I am God, your God, who teaches you how to live right and well. I show you what to do, where to go. If you had listened all along to what I told you, your life would have flowed full like a river, blessings rolling in like waves from the sea. Children and grandchildren are like sand, your progeny like grains of sand. There would be no end of them, no danger of losing touch with me.”
Isaiah 48:17 MSG

3 comments:

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Sometimes I wish Western Christianity as a whole would spend more time in the Old Testament. So many good lessons there.

Rev. Paul said...

TB, they've taken Jesus' remarks about "a new covenant" too literally. The apostle said that "every word of Scripture is God-breathed", and that includes the only Scriptures they had at the time: the Old Covenant.

LindaG said...

Thank you, Reverend.