19 December 2017

God's Word for Tuesday, 12/19/17

[Zechariah, father of John the Baptist, to his son:] 
And to you I prophesy, my little son, you will be known as the prophet of the glorious God. For you will be a forerunner, going before the face of the Master, Yahweh, to prepare hearts to embrace his ways. You will preach to his people the revelation of salvation life, the cancellation of all our sins, to bring us back to God. The splendor light of heaven’s glorious sunrise is about to break upon us in holy visitation, all because the merciful heart of our God is so very tender.
Luke 1:76-78 TPT

5 comments:

LindaG said...

Amen. I like this translation. Very easy to understand.

Thank you, Reverend.
What is TPT? I had expected it to be MSG. :)

Rev. Paul said...

I'm glad you like it, Linda. It's new: The Passion Translation.

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

I'm with Linda. I like this translation as well Reverend. Thank you!

Ed Bonderenka said...

That's a good translation of a great passage.

Rev. Paul said...

TB, you're welcome.

Ed, that makes it unanimous, at least today. :) I'll stick with the Passion translation for awhile, and see how it goes.