24 April 2018

80 MPH Winds - Update

We have hurricane-force winds today, with falling trees, airborne debris, and all the other fun things that go with it. First power outage of the day was a couple minutes ago, but the lights came back on again. Yay.

Meanwhile, my printer has decided it will only print in grayscale. But that's only when print jobs are sent from the PC. Printing from other devices still renders in color.

I've tried every location for printer preferences I can think of, and everything says it's printing in color. But that's not happening.

Since I set the printer for wireless/network ops, I printed my new driver's license from my phone. At least I can look ruggedly handsome in color, now. 














Update: after 4 1/2 hours, the power came back on. In the meantime, we had heavy wet snow for well over an hour. It didn't stick, of course, but proved an interesting end note to the already-interesting afternoon and evening.

7 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Our power has been out for about 2.5 hours now. At this rate, we’ll have to watch TV by candlelight. 🤪

Rev. Paul said...

Hour Four of the blackout, and it’s snowing. A wet snow that won’t stick, but still.

drjim said...

I promise I will never ever complain about our puny 65MPH winds again.

Prayers sent for you....

Rev. Paul said...

Jim, Arctic Valley Ski Resort, a few miles from here, recorded a gust of 96 mph this afternoon. I'm astounded that we didn't have any trees down on our lot. Thank you for the prayers; God must have answered them retroactively, because it's all calm now, and we survived.

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

That sounds terrifying and amazing all at once Reverend. Is this at all typical for this time of year (I am thinking it is not)?

Rev. Paul said...

TB, we have winds that strong once every few years. Windy with rain/snow mix is more common, though.

LindaG said...

Oh, gosh. Glad you are all safe, Reverend. God bless.