25 October 2018

God's Word for Thursday, 10/25/18

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Ephesians 5:18-20 KJV


Don’t drink too much wine. That cheapens your life. Drink the Spirit of God, huge draughts of him. Sing hymns instead of drinking songs! Sing songs from your heart to Christ. Sing praises over everything, any excuse for a song to God the Father in the name of our Master, Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 5:18-20 MSG

4 comments:

LindaG said...

I find my life is better when I thank Him for everything.
Thank you, Reverend.

Ed Bonderenka said...

I've got the sober part down.
I need to remember the rest of it more often.

deb harvey said...

rev paul, please pray for me and my daughter. husband died suddenly terrible grief but house went with job [over 2/3rds of income gone in a flash [but bills still here] we must move, found a place after a month of looking for affordable place but being pressured to move. pray we will be given time to get out.. thank you deborah harvey may delete cannot email you many thanks.

Rev. Paul said...

Linda, that's the "attitude of gratitude" which I (and so many others) have preached about on more than one occasion. You're right, and it produces tangible results. :)

Ed, I don't think about it enough, either.

deborah, prayers are in progress. May God protect you and your daughter, and give you the time & resources you need.