08 July 2019

God's Word for Monday, 7/8/19

I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
Psalm 138:2 KJV


Thank you! Everything in me says “Thank you!” Angels listen as I sing my thanks. I kneel in worship facing your holy temple and say it again: “Thank you!” Thank you for your love, thank you for your faithfulness; Most holy is your name, most holy is your Word. The moment I called out, you stepped in; you made my life large with strength.
Psalm 138:2 MSG

5 comments:

LindaG said...

I always wonder when I read "face the holy temple", if it is what Muslims do when they pray. And if we should... face East?

But I am pretty sure the Bible intimates anywhere, any (all) time.
Thank you, Reverend.

Rev. Paul said...

Linda, I believe David was writing from his particular viewpoint. He was within sight of the temple, in the city where it was located. God's presence, in David's day, was known to be associated with the Ark of the Covenant. So David was facing the Ark, rather than the building in which it was located at the time. :)

Old NFO said...

Linda's point is valid. Who knows how Islam has twisted the biblical words... sigh

Rev. Paul said...

I understand the apprehension, but God promises to watch over His words to make sure they happen according to His will. (Jeremiah 1:12)

LindaG said...

Thank you for the clarification, Reverend. :)