18 August 2019

God's Word for Sunday, 8/18/19

For to me to live is Christ*, and to die is gain.
Philippians 1:21 KJV


Alive, I’m Christ’s messenger; dead, I’m his bounty. Life versus even more life! I can’t lose.
Philippians 1:21 MSG


* "Christ" isn't His name; it's His title. From the Greek christos, it means the Anointed One and refers to His anointing. "... How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him." (Acts 10:38)

5 comments:

LindaG said...

Thank you, Lord!

Great post. Really appreciate the clarification, Reverend. Thank you.

Rev. Paul said...

You’re very welcome, Linda. 😊

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

A good reminder of our ultimate hope in these troubled times, Reverend.

drjim said...

Pascal's Wager, but far more beautifully put!

Rev. Paul said...

TB, Thank you so much.

Thanks, Jim. I appreciate that!