24 November 2019

God's Word for Sunday, 11/24/19

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
Colossians 2:6-7 KJV


My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you’ve been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live him. You’re deeply rooted in him. You’re well constructed upon him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you’ve been taught. School’s out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving.
Colossians 2:6-7 MSG

6 comments:

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

"Rooted and stabilished in the faith you have been taught". Grateful my parents did that, even if I did not always appreciate it (and sort of wandered off for a bit at times).

Rev. Paul said...

I could say the same, my friend. The truth is that when I left home for the Navy, I got so tired of being the "different" one that I ran from God & His calling for some 20 years. But God is faithful (and how many times I heard that from pastors & parents!) and He yanked me back one day & shook me like a rug. "Time to come home, boy: you've been running long enough," is what He said.

"Yes, sir."

Old NFO said...

Agree with Toird- Thankful for my parents instilling that faith in me.

LindaG said...

So thankful for God's love!

Rev. Paul said...

+1

Rev. Paul said...

Amen!