09 December 2019

That Flat Feeling ...

Ever since I inherited my wife's crossover, back in August, I was aware there was a slow leak in the right rear tire. It was losing roughly 1.5 psi weekly, or 5 psi/month.

Today, I found out why:


Why did I have the leak investigated (and fixed), you may ask?

Because this was in the left rear tire:



When I got home, I could hear the hissing as soon as the driver's door was open, and it seemed like a good idea to head downtown to the tire store.

Glad I did.

8 comments:

drjim said...

Looks like a Spax Construction Screw.

They're nasty....they'll go through sheet metal like butter. I use them to mount stuff that I don't want coming unmounted, like antenna supports.

Old NFO said...

Glad you didn't find out the 'hard' way on the side of the road!

Rev. Paul said...

It sho’nuff went through that steel-belted tire.

Rev. Paul said...

Me too! There, but for the grace of God...

LindaG said...

What Old NFO said.
Praise God, indeed. :-)

Rev. Paul said...

😊

Suz said...

Oh My!!

As someone who lives in her car for 10-12 hours a day, I have learned to have even small leaks checked, simply because Mr. Murphy does rule often, and always on days when it is most inconvenient!! And winter is a lousy time of year to have inconvenient events occur, especially if ya live north of the Florida Keys. Looking at the left tire accessory, in my opinion, you have a very active guardian angel who has been working overtime!!

Rev. Paul said...

Indeed, Suz. Anyone who says God doesn’t take an active role in modern life isn’t paying attention.