11 January 2020

Adages and Weekend Chores

Our temperature seems stuck at -15° F. yet again, so we decided it was a good day to clean up the garage.

I initially helped by breaking down all the boxes left over from Christmas and hauling the pile o' cardboard to the dump. Recycling doesn't cost anything except for a bit of go-juice to get the car there and back.

Meanwhile, my blushing bride worked on deciding what should go where, and making that happen. Upon my return, I helped mostly by staying out of her way except something heavy needed moving, or being put up on a shelf.

I did clean a bunch of leftover-from-various-projects bits and bags of spare parts, and sorting them into the places they should go. This freed up quite a bit of workbench space, and helped make the space more presentable, not to mention user-friendly.

We created quite an assembly of yardwork implements (lawnmowers, rakes, pressure washer, etc etc etc) and set it by an overhead door for moving into the shed tomorrow. Why tomorrow? It should be some 30 degrees warmer, i.e., 15° above.

We haven't been above zero in two weeks. It's worth waiting for.


And the adage?  "Junk expands to fill the space available."

10 comments:

Rob said...

Now when you go to look for something, you will go to that spot. you know the clean open spot on your bench. Stand there thinking of its new location. I'm talking from experience.

Rev. Paul said...

Yes, indeed. And I’ll like it. 😊

Old NFO said...

Oh yeah... And agree with Rob... I 'know' I put (insert tool) right HERE...

Rev. Paul said...

I’m sure that’ll only happen 3 or 15 times. 😅

LindaG said...

Hehe. You just made space to put more junk. ;-)

Rev. Paul said...

Don’t remind me. Sigh ....

drjim said...

Must be GLOBAL WARMING!!!!

John in Philly said...

I'm beginning to work on a theory that if I never put anything away, I will always have adequate storage space!

Convincing my wife that the new plan is a good one is going to be quite the hurdle. :)

Rev. Paul said...

But Algore’s not here...

Rev. Paul said...

A possible flaw with this theory is that if you don’t put things away, once in awhile, you’ll never know if there’s enough room to do so. Heh.