07 April 2020

God's Word for Tuesday, 4/7/2020

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20 KJV


Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not “mine,” but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that. Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God’s grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily.
Galatians 2:20 MSG

3 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

And I live in Christ.
And He in me.

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Appreciate the MSG translation, Reverend.

I also appreciate the cover photo.

Rev. Paul said...

Ed - and it goes directly to 2 Cor. 12:9 when the Lord told Paul, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." When we try to move in our own strength, God is made feeble. But He is strongest when we allow our weakness to let Him shine through.

TB, you're welcome. And I'm glad you like the photo.