25 March 2021

If You Golf, This is a Classic

 Johnny Miller has 25 PGA Tour wins including two major championships. He is a World Golf Hall of Fame member and a lead golf analyst for NBC. However, at a ceremonial round in August, 2010 to celebrate the grand opening of The Golf Club at Harbor Shores in Benton Harbor, Michigan — a Jack Nicklaus design that was playing host to a Senior PGA Championship - Johnny Miller faced an uphill putt on the 10th hole that measured more than 100 feet. This round was not part of the tournament itself, but a preliminary round of old golfing greats the day before the actual tournament began.

  
In front of the crowd, Johnny smilingly claimed that the putt was impossible, impugning the honor of Jack Nicklaus who designed the course. So Jack came over and showed him how it was done.



7 comments:

FredLewers said...

That's hilarious!!!!

Suz said...

Power of positive thinking?? Lol

Pigpen51 said...

I just had to watch this. My dad and a few of his friends started a golf course when I was a kid. I helped pick rocks for hours and hours, with my twin brother. For a reward, we got free golf until high school graduation.
And I am not surprised that Jack was able to make that putt.

Rev. Paul said...

I concur, Fred.

Suz, Niklaus was a marvelous putter.

Pigpen, I’m with you.

drjim said...

That's just wonderful!

Old NFO said...

LOL, I'm NOT surprised...

Rev. Paul said...

Drjim, it’s amazing! He was superb.

Me neither, NFO.