25 August 2022

TBT: Fun Even in Bad Times

My dad passed away in May, 2011. I traveled to Missouri to help Mom and sister during the funeral.

But before I left, I stopped to see my oldest friend & his lovely wife. He had an idea of something that might help cheer me up.


I drove a '68 Dodge Super Bee (383 Magnum, etc) in college, where he and I met. And he had a chance or two to drive the Bee. So on this visit, he let me drive Sally, and rightly figured a drive in a car with similar horsepower (400 bhp) would brighten my day.

He was right. And I found out only later that he never, ever let anyone else drive it. :)

5 comments:

LindaG said...

Great friend. :)
You all be safe and God bless.

Ed Bonderenka said...

That's what friends are for.
Did ya drive it like ya stole it?

Rev. Paul said...

He's a great friend, Linda. Thank you.

Ed, I drove it like it was mine. I tend to have a rather heavy foot, I'm told. :)

Old NFO said...

Nice car, and a good friend! Perfect!!!

Rev. Paul said...

Agreed, sir!