07 June 2024

Watch What God Will Do

From Rachel Sheets:

Recently, I was praying about a particular issue that has been in my prayers for quite some time. While I know that we are to keep praying and believing until we see breakthrough, I also know that we’re not to walk in worry. So, even though I have been praying for a certain thing for years, I can do that filled with faith and expectation. 

But I found myself in a cycle of saying things like, “God, I’m giving this to You. I know it’s in Your hands; You’re working this for good.” But shortly thereafter, I’d find myself dwelling on the issue again. So I asked the Lord, “Why do I keep thinking and worrying about this after I’ve prayed about it?” 

Right away, He said to me, “Because you keep taking it back.” That is not what I was expecting to hear! He continued speaking to me and said, “You need to quit taking back the worry; quit taking back the burden.” I didn’t realize that’s what I had been doing, but it was exactly what I needed to hear. I feel this is a much-needed reminder for all of us, especially as we have been hearing multiple words about heading into a fierce, spiritual warfare season.  

However, we have also heard the [prophetic] words, “But do not fear, do not be afraid; stay focused.” 

1 Peter 5:7 (NKJV) says, “Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.”

The Apostle Peter wrote this letter late in his life to encourage those facing persecution for their faith. Following Jesus was becoming increasingly difficult and costly for the early church. 

Peter was no stranger to the trials these Christians were facing. He himself had been flogged, beaten, and thrown in prison multiple times. He wrote from his personal experience to encourage them that God would come through, and that He cared deeply for them.

“Casting” used in 1 Peter 5:7 is the Greek word epiripto, a compound of the words epi and ripto.(1) “Epi” means upon, as on top of something.(2) “Ripto” means to hurl, throw, or cast, and it often means to violently throw or fling something with great force.(3)

The only other place this word “epiripto” is used in the New Testament is in Luke 19:35 (KJV), where the Bible says, “They brought him to Jesus: and they cast their garments upon the colt, and they set Jesus thereon.”

In 1 Peter 5:7, we see the idea of the word “epiripto” which pictures the flinging of a garment, bag, or excess weight off the shoulders of a traveler and onto the back of some other beast, such as a donkey, camel, or horse.

We are not designed to carry the burden of worry, fretting, and anxiety. This verse says to take that load and heave it with all your might. Fling it over onto the back of Jesus and let Him carry it for you! Just as Luke 19:35 says - they cast their garments upon the back of the donkey - now you need to cast your burdens over onto the Lord and let Him carry them for you.

So how do we truly cast our cares and leave them there?

Prayer is one way we can give our worries to God. Each time a concern comes up, give it straight to the One who is greater. Another way to cast your cares is to remind yourself of God's promises. Replace your worry with His Word. A third way is to take every thought captive. The mind is where the battle between fear and faith takes place. When doubt begins to creep in, refute it with the Word of God. 

I went through a time several years ago when I had to daily, sometimes even hourly, put this in practice. My youngest son had a severe stroke when he was six years old, and it was very touch and go for many weeks. We prayed day in and day out as he was lying in the hospital bed. One morning, the doctor came to us and said, “Your son is losing the fight, and we need him to win it.”

I needed to refute those words with the Word of God. Holy Spirit led me to Psalm 31:24 (MSG), which says, “Be brave. Be strong. Don’t give up. Expect God to get here soon.” We decreed that verse multiple times a day until it happened. The King, our Healer, walked into the room, breathed life, and my son didn’t die.

The Holy Spirit recently told me, “Watch and see what I will do. I am walking into the room.”

The “room” does not necessarily mean a literal room with four walls, like my son’s hospital room. It could mean that, but I believe in this instance, He is saying, “I’m stepping into your situation; I’m walking with you and what is happening in your life.”

He is walking into the room we have prepared for Him, filling the space you have created through your worship, prayers, and decrees. He’s saying, “Keep your eyes on me. Get my perspective. Keep your hopes up. Keep your faith up. Stand strong and believe.”

I’m sensing we are stepping into this season where the door is open, and the King is coming through. He’s coming through for you and for your family. He’s coming through for the Ekklesia and for the sake of our nation and world.  

As I was praying about this, the Lord gave me a word to release:

The Lord says:

“While you have been waiting on things for months, years, even decades, I have been positioning you to see My glory. I have been positioning you for  breakthrough and for the miraculous. Where the enemy has been creating chaos, distraction, and setback, I am restoring and providing a supernatural takeback. A takeback of joy, peace, hope, and faith. Dreams, sickness in bodies, sickness in souls, broken marriages, and relationships are going to be restored, healed, and made whole. I am giving life, and life abundant. Things you thought would never change will change in this season. Mountains you thought would never move will be moved. Sickness and disease you thought impossible to heal will be healed by the power of My blood. My glory will be revealed in situations. It is manifesting even now. The weight of my glory is binding, breaking, shaking, revealing, and making things new.  

“I am stepping in to rearrange, recover, and restore. Just as the shout knocked down the walls at Jericho, your shout will cause the enemy to scatter and shatter. Watch and see. The mighty roar of the Lord is Your war cry. The sound of My roar sends the enemy running. The sound of My roar also calls prodigals home. It is the roaring sound of the Lion of Judah that breaks strongholds.” The King says, “You are stepping into a new day I have ordained, and there will be shouts of praise as miracles and victory begin to break out one after the other. Prepare the way for My glory,” says the Lord. “You have cried out, and I am stepping in. Watch and see what I will do. Stand and keep standing. For my glory has risen, and a new day has come.”

Pray with me: 

Father, we thank You for this awesome reminder that the King of Kings is with us. Your presence surrounds us, and You make a way for us. We cast our cares and worries on You, God, knowing that You hold the power to work it for good. We decree the power of the living God is breaking into situations, circumstances, and lives. Transform and restore broken hearts, souls, and minds. Be exalted over us, this nation, and our land. Have Your way, in Jesus’ Name. Amen. 

Our decree: 

We decree that the King of Glory is walking into the room, and when the King comes in, everything changes!


  • 1. James Strong, The New Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1990), ref. no. 1977.

  • 2. Ibid., ref. no. 1909.

  • 3. Ibid., ref. no. 4496.

  • Copyright © 2024 Dutch Sheets Ministries, All rights reserved.