30 June 2009

Another Tuesday Afternoon


This ... is the city. (How many of you remember that line, and the show it introduced each week?)
.
This is the route I drive to work. (click the pic to embiggify)
.
These are the mountains which border the city on the east. And in this city, I work with great folks, and live a wonderful and blessed life.
.
It occurs to me, every day, how fortunate we are to live in a place for which others must plan, scrimp, and save, in order to visit.
.
* * * * *
.
It's a quiet four-day week, and I'm looking forward to playing on Friday. Maybe a trip to the range is in order. It's been a few weeks since I last practiced, and I know it's not something I can let slide. Great power/great responsibility, and all that. Besides, I need to bump the rear sight on my 1911 just a bit more to the left, and then I should be putting all my shots in that 3" circle I've been staring at, on the target.
.
Y'all are invited to come along; it'll be fun!
.
* * * * *
.
It's 62 degrees, with blue skies, puffy clouds, and a light breeze. Dang near perfect, I'd say. It's great weather for shorts, t-shirts, and barefoot comfort. This is our "payback" for the minus-25 temps in January.
.
* * * * *
.
Some so-called "journalist" (I use the term advisedly) has published a long, rambling article bashing Governor Sarah Palin. He's a nobody, quoting anonymous sources, and trying to make a name for himself.
.
Okay; fine. He's getting his 15 minutes of fame, and then he will fade back into the dank obscurity from which he sprang.
.
It's starting to be hilarious how terrified of Sarah Palin the left is. They're pathetic, and really need help. I'd love to help them out ... which way did they come in?
.
* * * * *
.
The boyfriend of a friend of mine had been fishing in the Gulf of Alaska, and was five days overdue for his latest check-in. He turned up last night, safe and sound. God is good!
.
* * * * *
.
I'm going to try to listen to Gun Nuts radio today. The show is on at 5 p.m. here, thanks to the time zone difference. I tried last week, but the player never connected. Maybe the second time's a charm?
.
That's all I've got - thanks for stopping by. Please come back again.

4 comments:

joated said...

Hey! It's Sgt. Friday!

It's hilarious to see all the Palin bashing that continues. Perhaps they are aware that while their boy continues to play at leader (under the watchful eye of his handlers and Pelosi) Sarah is actually--you know--leading. She'll have far more preparation time for 2012 than she had in '08. Plus the media folks who made every effort to make her look bad are in far, far worse shape. (You spoke of -25. Was that the winter temp or Katie Curic's poll numbers?)

Rev. Paul said...

Just the facts, sir. Just the facts.

"-25" could easily refer to Mizz Couric's approval rating. She made herself the media's darling by attacking & then editing Gov. Palin's remarks, but didn't earn any respect where it matters. While they pat themselves on the back in an orgy of self-appreciation, the rest of the country is moving on. Despite, and in spite of, the 'nattering nabobs of negativity.'

Teresa said...

You have a lovely drive to work. My husband really likes his drive here - it's rolling hills and horses, so slightly different than yours, but vastly superior to the warehouse drivebys in Chicago. LOL.

Rev. Paul said...

Teresa, I'm a big fan of rolling hills and horses. Reminds me of farm country in Missouri, as well as multiple trips to "the west" when I lived in MO.