14 November 2009

Anchorage Ammo Update

I've just returned from a brief tour of mid-town ammo supplies.

  • There's more ammo on the shelves than I've seen since January or so; a lot of the inexpensive rifle ammo (that under $20 per 20 rounds) is sold out, but the $27, $33, and $40+ stuff is there. I saw .30-30 for the first time in months, and .30-06 in reasonable qualities.
  • Pistol ammo, which has been all but non-existent up here for months, is starting to return. Sportsman's Warehouse has had .40 S&W for awhile, and I saw some other calibers today.
  • The .270 I was looking for (the under $20 kind) was sold out at the first store I visited, but I found three boxes at the next place, so I grabbed those. Now they're sold out, too!
  • Long guns and pistols also seem to be plentiful; it's nice to see firearms and ammo on display at the same time.
  • The clerks in those stores no longer have the grim expressions I've noticed in previous visits.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Thank you for the heads up. I promised a friend some .30-30 for her (belated) housewarming at her place in the sticks... was finally able to get it today. :)