22 April 2010

On-Campus Carry: "Force The Issue"

From the Anchorage 2nd Amendment Task Force:

UA Carry Situation

Saturday April 24, 6:30 PM Mei Garden 800 Northway Dr.
(The Old Royal Fork near Sams Club)

Attention Alaska Patriots
Anchorage Second Amendment Task Force has with other organizations attempted to bring University of Alaska in compliance with state statutes and the state Constitution regarding firearms on UA properties. UA Board of Regents have refused to comply with the laws of our state and continue to violate our rights to keep and bear arms. We will be accessing all UA properties in Alaska next week with the intention of forcing a conclusion. Either the Board of Regents will arrest law-abiding citizens for trespassing while doing what is constitutionally protected, or they will refuse to engage us. We will win legally, or by rendering the rule limp. We do have Pro Bono representation for any who require it due to this action. I anticipate national media coverage for this event, so represent with the dignity we all exemplify daily. For all interested in participating with bringing our overreaching government officials into compliance with the constitution please contact me at alaskasccc@gmail.com. This will occur next week so prepare now to force compliance of our government.
Thank you
George Hines
State Representative
Alaska Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCCC)

2 comments:

On a Wing and a Whim said...

I'm still undecided on going: I strongly support the sentiment and the group, but Canada's policy of not letting folks with recent police activity through would put a very serious crimp in my ability to fly my plane back to my husband this summer.

It's so easy to get college kids to riot, compared to us not-so-old fogeys who have a lot more invested in the social order. Probably be at the planning meeting, to see if I can find a way to have my protest and my neatly ordered plans too.

Rev. Paul said...

I plan to be there, too; I want to hear what they have planned.