03 June 2010

Slightly Damp

Before I forget (again), I want to congratulate my parents: yesterday was their 60th wedding anniversary. I love you, Mom & Dad.

* * * * *

There's enough of a sprinkle to require the intermittent wipers on the second-slowest speed. Unfortunately for those battling wildfires, that's a typical "rain event" here.

Speaking of the wildfires:
Crews fighting Alaska's numerous wildfires, including the Eklutna Lake blaze, are getting a break in the weather. But slightly lower temperatures and scattered showers are expected soon to give way to the hot, dry conditions that gripped the Interior in May.

The biggest local news is that Sarah Palin has endorsed a libertarian/Republican who has filed to run against Senator Lisa Murkowski (Rino-AK). While Gov. Palin had a joint news conference, last year, to confirm that Sarah wouldn't run against Lisa ... well, you need to read what Sarah wrote here. Excerpt:
Over a year ago, upon kicking off our Political Action Committee to assist candidates and promote competition in the nation’s electoral system, with no one willing to challenge the political machine at the time, and amid rumors that I would challenge Lisa Murkowski for the U.S. Senate, SarahPAC contributed to Lisa’s campaign. As she and I discussed, this was an attempt to reassure the Senator that I, as Alaska’s governor, had no intention of jumping into the race. Though the media has tried to portray some sort of feud or bad blood between Lisa and myself, such is not the case. I’ve always wished her well, but it is my firm belief that we need a bold reformer who is not afraid to stand up to special interests and take on the tough challenges of our time. Joe Miller has stepped forward.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Congratulations to your parents!!! Most excellent!