24 June 2009

Clarity

... or the lack thereof.

I injured my back a few weeks ago, and in due course the doctor prescribed some fairly strong pills to deal with the pain. I also take allergy pills from time to time, as it seems I have trouble with the volcanic dust which is mixed in with the regular dust.

I asked the doctor about any bad interaction which might occur. She said it shouldn't be a problem. Oh, except it might make me loopy. "Is that the preferred medical term?" "No, but it describes the problem pretty well."

Okay, then. No more pain pills. In the meantime, if you've been a recipient of an e-mail or two (or three) from me recently which seem, well, loopy, I apologize.

I'm all better now, and everything is back to whatever passes for normal.

7 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Understood. And for the record, the emails are always succinct. :-)

Rev. Paul said...

So ... no more foolish than usual, eh? Good to know; thanks!

deedee said...

Glad you are feeling better.

Rev. Paul said...

Thanks, Deedee.

Several of the regular readers have e-mailed me recently; I can only hope my replies made sense.

upinak said...

Whoa... I thought those emails were jokes! It was you being loopy? No worries Rev., you're in good hands!

Rev. Paul said...

Cute, Uppy. Real cute! :)

Teresa said...

There's an older book (from 1999) called Dangerous Drug Interactions by Joe and Teresa Graedon. I wish they'd update it for newer drugs on the market because it was an excellent book for these kinds of questions. Always good to get lots of information on this stuff. LOL.

Anyhow, hope you're feeling better.