31 July 2009

Friday's Random Stuff

Good morning! The sun has finally reappeared in Anchorage, after two weeks of gloomy, rainy weather. We should be around 62 degrees today, but it's already 60, so who knows? It's a cinch that the local weather-guessers have thrown another dart at the Wheel O' Weather.

Speaking of weather, it has been quite windy since yesterday afternoon. The wind blew hard enough last night that it was making the fan roar, then get quiet, then roar again. I finally took it out of the window, and the curtains stuck straight out into the room. AccuHunch allows we'll have gusts to about 35 mph today.

But the skies are clear, the sun is shining, and I'm a happy camper.

* The Kenai Peninsula has gotten even more rain, and there has been flooding & at least one rock slide just outside of Seward, including a bridge that was literally buried in rocks, mud and debris. AccuHunch Weather is guessing they'll have more rain.

* I haven't made it to the range with my new rifle yet; it seems there's always something else to do right after work. Tomorrow morning it is, then.

* Unleaded gas is up to $2.99/gallon this week in Anchorage. Ouch.

* The administrator of one of my tenants is leaving today, to go work for new Governor Parnell. I hope it's a long-term position (meaning I hope Gov. Parnell can win the election next year & remain in office).

* For those who care, our days are starting to get noticeably shorter: sunrise wasn't until 5:31 this morning, and sunset will be at 10:39. If the skies remain clear, that means it will be dark by 11:45 or so. We're still craving all the daylight we can get.

* Due to the rainy, cloudy weather, I notice that the tree leaves are taking on that fall-like yellow-green tint. We're hoping the sunshine will stick around for a few days & green things back up a bit. It's too early for fall!

There's not much else going on. Thanks for stopping by; have a great Friday!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Way to early for fall!

Nice to have some dark occasionally though. :)

deedee said...

Happy Friday!

Unknown said...

The term "yellow leaves" is a bad word in my house at the moment. We're just not ready for fall yet, although we are looking forward to the fair!

Teresa said...

Well, we had a deluge of rain earlier today. So I know what you mean about wanting to see the sun for a while! Hope you all have great weather for the weekend so you can get to the range!

Home on the Range said...

A few years back, either Time or Newsweek had an article that women in their 40's were more likely to be killed in a terrorist attack then get married,

My best friend and I read that, looked at each other and said "yeah, and I get OUR terrorist would already be married.".

Rev. Paul said...

LOL! That's one of the best lines I've heard in a long time.

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

That cool weather sounds like heaven to me!

I still haven't gotten to the range here yet. Maybe when the temp gets below 80 I'll venture over. (Don't want to melt ya know!)

Have a good weekend Rev!

(Cassie using the dog's blog)