28 July 2009

MoBro: The Meadow

Early in the morning hours,

before the sun creeps up, I’ll rise

to traverse a secluded meadow

far from all inquisitive eyes

.

To get there I’ll not travel far

walk perhaps a mile or two

amidst the Glory of God’s Creation

urged on by a mourning dove’s coo

.

I travel through a section of woods

where the coolness of night lingers on

I cross paths with a doe and wouldn’t you know,

a cute little white-spotted fawn

I smile and pause to admire,

as the deer, white tails flashing, bound away

yes, just enjoying the splendor of nature itself

thanking God for such a wonderful day

.

As I continue a chorus of songs dance around

as the birds fill the air with their notes

and the rabbits rub their paws over their heads

as they clean the morning dew off their coats

Farther down the path an eagle flies overhead

in search of its morning meal

I’m surrounded with such peace and serenity

how can mere words express what I feel?

.

As I finally come upon the meadow

I’m greeted with a sight to behold

the way the morning sun reflects off the dew

it seems the whole meadow is covered with gold!

As I stand and gaze upon this scene

I am touched to the depths of my heart

and I feel much closer to God and nature

then I did at the start

.

But, alas, time does not stand still

so I can’t stay as long as I like

but I will return, of that be assured

the next time I am apt to hike

.

As I return home a thought enters my mind

about life and what happened today

happiness just isn’t at the end of the road

it’s to be found all along the way!

MoBro 07-27-09

4 comments:

joated said...

Very nice.

MO Bro said...

Thanks, Joated. I trying to contribute more than just ideas to the Rev. Paul

DR said...

That was moving.

MO Bro said...

Thanks, DR. I will be adding more as I can.