16 August 2009

Sunday Morning Randomosity

Good morning! (Yeah, I know 'randomosity' isn't a word. So sue me.)

MoBro should have landed in St. Louis about 2 1/2 hours ago; I've heard nothing from the folks who were to take him home, so that's a good sign. It was a busy week, and I'm more tired than usual for a Sunday; I'm glad to have the day to rest.

After a brief search of gun shops around town, I'm going to be ordering ammo on-line. I can still get it cheaper that way than by purchasing locally; go figure. If there's a delay or back-order, so be it. At least it will get here eventually.

We've been hearing more and more flocks of geese heading south. I noticed also that the Tordrillo Mountains, west of Anchorage, are snow-covered. Our daily highs are no longer approaching 70; it only got up to 60 yesterday. AccuHunch alleges we'll be having highs in the 50s, and lows in the 40s, for the upcoming week. It's that time, but it's always a jarring transition, as our summers tend to be rather short.

Birch leaves on this end of town are decidedly yellowish; it won't be long before they start falling. (sighs) In that regard, the first snows are always welcome simply because they cover up the barren ground.

My wife & I are talking about an extended vacation (at least two weeks) in March or April, but haven't any idea where we'll go. There are a number of places we'd like to visit, and some people we'd like to see, but the decision is a tough one. Both daughters are providing input, as well, but no one has the same list of "possibles". Discussions are ongoing.

There was an article on today's paper about how prices are slipping slightly. We hadn't noticed any change except for gasoline, which is now up to $3.12 per gallon. My round-trip distance to work is only 13 miles, so I can easily go two weeks or more on half a tank. The price is annoying, but not a hindrance, so far.


I notice today that Congress & the TOTUS are talking about removing the "public option" from healthcare reform. This is still wrong on several levels, including:
  1. The bill hasn't been written yet;
  2. A vote now is, in effect, giving Congress a blank check to do whatever they want, after the fact;
  3. Once the bill is passed, it can be amended by a show of hands or voice vote, and the people would little-to-no chance to stop another "middle of the night" procedure. That procedure would almost certainly include the "public option."
And Meadow? Since you asked, I'll post some of YD's recipes from the past few days; I did take a couple of snapshots, when time permitted.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Meadow said...

YIPPEE! We are always looking for new and different foods. Better half loves to eat and I loves to cook :)

Your comments about the health reform bill (or whatever that guy is calling it) are right on target. This guy and the Dimbulbs should not be trusted in their bow to the will of the people.

The furor caused by a non-entity (Palin) just shows to go you that they are super sensitive about their little pet reform. If they weren't, why go out and try to sell a bill of goods that isn't even shelf ready?

Just say NO!

tooldieguy said...

Hey Rev,
If you decide to visit western SD, I'll buy coffee. (and play tour guide)

Rev. Paul said...

Meadow, I hope you like the cranberry chicken. Stay tuned for the halibut recipe.

TD Guy, thanks for the offer - I'll keep it in mind as we start discussing our options.

Cassie said...

I'm still trying to figure out the 1st "T" in totus. About your vacation. Depending on where we are, you better stop by to see us too! Phoenix is usually pretty decent that time of year. I could take your better half shopping!! That's about all I do there besides go to church and the dog park.:<)

Rev. Paul said...

Cassie - Teleprompter of the U.S.

Re: vacation - duly noted!