05 October 2009

Monday Afternoon Stuff


It rained all weekend, and most of today. The sun has come out within the last hour, and we've climbed to 45 degrees. We're hovering in the upper 30s and low 40s, depending on how much cloud cover, overnight. The snow won't come any farther down the hillside until we get into the low 30s at night; the weekend's rain would have produced quite a bit of the white stuff.

Here's a picture of midtown, taken last night in the rain, which makes everything look ... shiny. The tall building in the upper center is BP's Alaskan headquarters. There's a webcam service which has cameras there, downtown, along the highways leading north & south out of town, and a couple in McGrath, Alaska. If you want to take a look at live views of Anchorage, click here. It starts with the midtown view I just mentioned; click on the left or right arrows to cycle through the 10 or so views.

It was a quiet day at work today, and I received only a few calls. Everyone seemed to be in a sleepy mood, and I suspect it's weather-related. We slept with the bedroom window open, and the cool air and falling rain made it very difficult to wake up this morning.

But the sun is shining now, and all's right with the world. Enjoy your evening, friends.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Excellent picture! I love it! I so get that dark rainy day sleepiness. Heh. We have sun for one more day I think then the rain comes in... but we'll see. I never trust we'll have sun until I see it. ;-)

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Cool live photos of Anchorage. I love the downtown of Anchorage. What a swell museum you have too. We had some rain last week and also some high winds. I love the diverse weather...unlike Phoenix and the same forcast every day.