12 October 2009

Hunter Bags Bull Moose From Wheelchair

The Fairbanks News Miner has this copyright story:

FAIRBANKS -- John-Taylor Lawton thought his moose hunting days were over after losing one of his legs three years ago.

So when Lawton received a call from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers asking him if he wanted to take part in a moose hunt for disabled veterans at the Chena Flood Control Project, he readily accepted.

"I said, 'You've gotta be kidding; I'd love to go out and moose hunt.' I haven't been out to a moose camp since I lost my leg. It's something I never thought I'd do again."

As luck would have it, Lawton, 50, wound up shooting a young bull moose on the last day of the five-day hunt, one of two that were taken by disabled hunters in this year's hunt.

~ snip ~

Lawton downed the bull with one shot from about 150 yards. "He dropped like a stone."

Read the rest - it's a great story.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. That is incredible! What an amazing story! Thank you for sharing!

CupHolderGuy said...

Hello,

I came across your site from a Google alert for "wheelchair". Since my product's blog is related to this, and because Google is fond of content related links, I was hoping you'd be interested in a blogroll link exchange. This is where I link to your site, and you link to mine.

For examples of this (under the "Blogroll" category on the right side of my blog), for more information on my product/blog, or to contact me, please visit http://oh-4.com/blog .

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Jeff