28 October 2009

Mid-Week Brrr

I've mentioned the lingering warmish fall weather, and the lack of snow hereabouts ... but ol' Ma Nature seems to be trying to make up for lost time.

It rained and snowed all day today, and only managed a 36-degree high. The rain is stopping now, but the temp has fallen to 34 and is headed south. AccuHunch guesses we'll be in the mid-20s tonight, and teens overnight thereafter, with daytime highs around the freezing mark. The good news is that we'll have sunshine for a couple of days, and that's okay - haven't seen too much of that since the rainy pattern began, a month or so ago.

* * * * *

He who was the contributor of cash and gifts to the "corrupt Alaskan politicians" you heard about was finally sentenced today: 3 years and $750,000. Some of those who took the bribes got twice as long, but they were elected officials, and supposedly to adhere to a higher standard.

Judging by the hi-jinks in our nation's capital, I'm not sure what that standard is, unless failure to pay taxes, failure to report income, and maintaining off-shore accounts qualifies as a "standard". Can't say I much care for that.

* * * * *

There's a great post on the flu vaccine shortage, actual information from a local doctor's office, and the reasoning behind the .gov's advice, over at Finding Myself in Alaska. Scary stuff; tell Tracey I sent you.

* * * * *

Sarah Palin has responded to Levi Johnston's claim on the CBS "Early Show" that he knows "huge" things that could damage her reputation. "CBS should be ashamed for continually providing a forum to propagate lies. Consider the source of the most recent attention-getting lies - those who would sell their body for money reflect a desperate need for attention and are likely to say and do anything for even more attention", she wrote.

Exactly.

* * * * *

I'm late to this particular party, but my wife & I have been watching the first season of "Fringe" ... and I think we're addicted. There are worse things.

That's all for now; thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Fringe is GREAT.

The "kids" called me from Denver, and they are getting their first big storm. I hope I can get out there in January for the baby's birthday.

Teresa said...

Rained all day here, but not nearly that cold. Brrr!

I haven't paid any attention to Levi whatshisname or the flu. I guess if they get in my face I'll have to, but until then I don't have time to deal with it. heh.

Rev. Paul said...

Brigid, I saw that Denver got a LOT of snow today - makes us a little jealous, but they are 6000 ft higher. Besides, our turn's coming.

Teresa, we don't pay Levi any attention either - until he does something outrageous like today's statement. Then we slap the offending bug & move on.