08 November 2009

Sunday, Sorry Sunday

So the House of Non-Representatives voted (narrowly, to the credit of those opposed - see Larry's note in comments, below) to pass PelosiKare. I fear the almost-inevitable backlash from the people, as they begin to comprehend this final knell of freedom in what used to be a republic. Tread carefully, friends; this is dangerous territory. If the Senate fails to turn back this tide of Marxism, then watch for certain states to begin debating secession in earnest.

From this morning's paper:
Alaska Rep. Don Young, a Republican, released a statement after the vote calling it a "vote to rescind American freedom." He deplored the tactics used by those pushing the measure.

The bill, he said, "doesn't include accessibility, portability, or affordability. What it does include is insurance without access. What is the point of holding an insurance card if you can't find a doctor who will accept it? Insurance is only one small portion of a much larger problem, and this bill ignores that. This is more about political tactics than what's good for this country, and it's shameful."
I also remember that 45% of doctors polled, recently, stated they would leave the profession if the government takes it over. So the Pelosi apparatchiks propose to add 30 million people to the patient rolls, while nearly half the doctors quit.

If you think the wait to see a physician is long now ... just wait.

* * * * *

It's 24 degrees this morning, but no frost nor snow in town. There is fresh snow on the mountainside just above where we live; my girls are voting that it's "entirely unfair" not to have snow. I agree.

* * * * *

A friend wants to know if I'm depressed by the healthcare vote. Not at all. In the words of the old song, "I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I know Who holds tomorrow." Those who are trying to live a truly Christian life would do well to keep their eyes on Him, rather than on Washington, DC.

God gets the final vote. We do well to remember that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was always hoping to die of natural causes, not killed by my government. Or jailed for not buying insurance. Save the last bullet for me?

See Ya

Larry Sheldon said...

Don't put to much into the "narrowly".

Pretty standard management of votes--when there are enough to do the job, those with re-election headaches are allowed to vote against it so they can claim they did.

If their votes had been needed, they would have voted for it.

There are no issues of principle here, only issues of doing what your are told so you can enjoy the spoils of getting re-elected.

Larry Sheldon said...

Just a passing comment---I can call the clinic where we trade first thing in thr morning and get in to see _a_ doctor tomorrow, I might have to wait a few days for "my" doctor.


Worst case, I'll be told to go the the "emergency" room in the same building if I think I should.

I really think the system has taken good care of us--wife has had ten or so major surgeries, I've had a couple or four.

Jenny said...

"what happens when it is"
"well now... that'll be an interesting day."


I remember thinking on Tam's place once upon a time that the only difference between an Obama victory and a McCain one would be whether we went bankrupt as a nation in ten years or two.

I was kinda intending there to be a *wee* bit of hyperbole in there. Oops.


I'm thinking the states need to start making plans now for when the Feds default. 'Cause at this rate... they're gonna. And if we don't start making those plans, I rather doubt we'll like the options we're handed when it happens.

Rev. Paul said...

Yes, Jayne, er, Jenny, an interesting day indeed.

I couldn't have expressed those thoughts better than you just did. I hope we have those contingency plans well in hand.