21 December 2009

Winter Solstice 2009

Good morning. From today through January 1st, we'll add about 12 minutes of daylight. The local birdcage liner says that's enough time for a coffee break. They must use smaller cups ...

I'll be spending at least part of this morning working with a tech rep regarding a partial failure of the computer controlling our electronic door/security system. It's still reading the magnetic cards, but ignoring keypad entries. Its selective memory loss includes my account & password, but the rep set me up with a temporary account from which I can access the controls until he gets things working again. I just hope the timer unlocks the employee entrance at the proper time, or I'll be hearing about it for hours. I'll know, soon enough.

On the other hand, if that's the worst thing that happens, it will be a calm week. One can only hope.

Update: the system is back to normal - for no apparent reason - although it still refuses to acknowledge my original password. It makes no more sense than Friday's malfunction.

2 comments:

joated said...

"On the other hand, if that's the worst thing that happens, it will be a calm week."

Especially if everyone else is locked out and you're inside with the Mr. Coffee!

Rev. Paul said...

It's okay: I made sure the coffee shop operator got in.