20 January 2010

Another Conspiracy Theory

From the Anchorage Daily News and Boing Boing:

The devastating earthquake in Haiti was caused by powerful rays from the High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) in Interior Alaska. Apparently that's one of the theories being batted about by conspiracy mongers everywhere, though it's hard to tell how seriously these people take themselves and whether people who comment on their Web sites are just trolling for a reaction. The HAARP research facility in Gakona has always attracted more than its share of attention from people who suspect secret government motives in everything. Even some in Venezuela -- which is led by conspiracy-citing President Hugo Chavez -- have added HAARP to their list of theoretical ways the U.S. could have caused the Haiti earthquake.

Geez. Just when you think people can't get any more strange...

2 comments:

joated said...

People are indeed very strange. However, I imagine these folks thought X-Files was a documentary.

(BTW DId getting new bedroom furniture inspire you to change everything around here? New pictures. New layout. I thought I had clicked the wrong Favorite to get here when I first saw the a$$ end of a bull mosse running down the railroad tracks.)

Rev. Paul said...

X-Files a documentary ... that's good!

Regarding changes, I change the header photo frequently. I'm never completely satisfied with the choices available, and make little changes all the time. Sometimes I make big ones. And the moose? I just liked the photo.