25 February 2010

Comments I Won't Publish

Sometimes amusing, sometimes annoying, and sometimes just idiotic...

  • "Hey dudes, I'm heavily into shoes ..."
  • Anything that starts with a URL
  • Anything in pictographs, cuneiform, hieroglyphics, Sanskrit or Sumerian ... I'm an equal-opportunity deleter of comments
  • "Sometimes I've just got to have ..."
  • "Meds ...." with multiple URLs
  • Anyone asking me to provide a link to their sales site - I don't care if it's for purses in San Francisco, the U.S. Olympics team (yeah, right) or whatever
  • "Visit us or die!" with a URL
  • "This good post helped me with college assignment ..."
  • "Great post! Wanna trade links?"
There are others*, and I'm sure you've all seen them. The shoes comment just started today, and I've already had to delete it twice.

And the Olympics team? Seriously, have you looked at my site meter? I get 90 hits on a good day - if you need my site to make it, your troubles are WAY bigger than any traffic I might send your way.

*I'm sure there are others - some are classics, in their own way - but I'm not going to take the time or energy to remember them now. I'll bet some good ones show up in comments, though.

3 comments:

Deer Passion said...

Ha!! So ridiculously true! My favorites are the "visit us or die" comments!

Steven M Nielson said...

I get the same spammies, but it is usually when I 'strike gold' with a popular article that pulls in a spike to my daily 45... Once that happens, well, I am apparently the missing link in some sales scheme!

Cheers!

joated said...

What gets me is when some of these appear on posts that are months, even years, old. I'm hoping there's aspecial place in Hell for spammers, but it's probably got Wi-Fi. *sigh*