25 February 2010

Weatherman Says "Oops"

At bedtime last night, the weather gurus said we had a 15 percent chance of "snow showers" today.

At 5:30 a.m., we had a dusting. At 6:00 a.m., we had an inch. At 9:40 a.m., we have five inches, and it's still coming down heavily (reduced visibility, accidents, slick intersections, etc).

I love Alaska, which regularly makes fools of the weather "experts".

Update:

Winter Weather Advisory for snow in effect until 2 PM akst this afternoon...
snow
Today
Snow will diminish from the west through this afternoon. Snow accumulation 3 to 7 inches. Highs in the mid 20s to lower 30s. Light winds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What weather "experts"? Seems easier to just look out the window where I live.

See Ya

Meadow said...

About time! I was beginning to think we'd had an earth shift with the Eastern parts of the US getting our weather and Alaska getting the West coast weather.

Just under 6 inches here and arriving at 1/2 inch an hour. Since I don't have to drive in the mess, I am enjoying the sense that things are back to February 'normal' behavior.

Teresa said...

Our weather peeps said we were supposed to get 5-9 inches of the white stuff. So far it's been raining steadily since yesterday. I'm rather glad since I don't know if the snowblower can handle it right now. LOL.