06 February 2010

Saturday in the A.M.

We only got about 3" of snow overnight (darn it) with lots of blowing & minor drifting. There's more in the forecast for the next several days, but it's not going to impress anyone on the east coast. The only difference is, any snow we get now will be on the ground until April. If we got the 30+" that some places were hammered by, it would be here until May. The sled dog racers and their fans, skiers and snowmachiners would all love it. So would I.

I have the range bag packed (pistol only, today). Time to go knock the rust off.

Meadow commented on gas prices, in a reply to my previous post. Gas prices were $3.22 here this week, which is the lowest we've seen in quite awhile. Hers fell to $3.21 yesterday in the Mat-Su Valley (out Wasilla way), so ours may fall even farther. When prices when to $2.something in the Lower 48, ours stayed well above $3. IIRC - and that's frequently in doubt - the current price is the lowest in over a year.

I'm going to try to take pictures of myself, shooting. If I don't post any, later, you'll know it didn't work.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

$2.53 in Phx today. Wish I could drive a horse & buggy.