10 April 2010

Correction: Cooking School Update

So I said - in my previous post - that Younger Daughter was doing fish today. Not so; that's next month.

In addition, there are no pictures because the school's website was wrong, and the class ended about the time we were getting ready to leave "early" to take pics before it was over.

Sigh.

So YD's class today was "One-Day Culinary Basics". They made
  • home-made vegetable soup;
  • sauteed breast of chicken stuffed with herbs & mozzarella;
  • Asian marinated & grilled sockeye salmon;
  • Basmati rice pilaf;
  • green beans with caramelized shallot vinaigrette; and
  • chocolate souffle.
No kidding. And me with no pictures, DANG IT. So YD says, "Be sure to mention that I said all the food was VERY delicious."

That girl's developing a real mean streak. But that just means she'll have to make it all again here, so that pictures - and servings - can be had.

2 comments:

joated said...

If YD's going to learn to cook things like...well, everything on your list, Terry and I may kidnap her this summer.

(And you are correct, sir. For her to say that you include that sentence does indeed indicate a bit of a mean and nasty streak.)

Home on the Range said...

Oh my! That meal sounds wonderful!

I experimented today and I think younger daughter would like to make it if you concur. It involves a can of Guinness, but G. is low in alcohol and after cooking there is no alcohol left. Add a spice rub and wrapping the meat with six pieces of bacon and slow cooking. It turned out excellent and I'll post the recipe in a couple of days when I have some free time.