29 April 2010

Thursday Afternoon

AccuHunch Weather predicted we'd have clouds and showers, so naturally it's been mostly sunny today. There are some grey clouds scudding across the center of the sky, but sun is still visible. The weather guru also predicts a rain/snow mix for tonight, with a low in the 30s. We've managed to stay at or above 40, overnight, all week. Since guests are flying in tonight - just for them, the weather is supposed to be cooler, and rainy all weekend. (They have the best timing ... it has rained two out of their last three visits.)

It was 54 at my office when I left, but is only 47 at my house. Apparently Mr. Greycloud has decided to camp overhead. There's a chill in the breeze, too, although I'm sure many of you think that 47 is supposed to be chilly, so what am I talking about? I'm just saying that I might have to switch to a long-sleeved shirt. Life is tough, eh?

The local news is pretty slow today. People here are getting antsy for outdoor activities, fishing, camping, hiking, biking, and all the other things we do during our short warm season. Most of you wouldn't call it summer, judging solely by the average temps. But 22 hours of sunlight & lots of greenery sure make it summer to us.

It was light enough to go for a walk when I woke at 5 this a.m. I didn't, but could have (grin). At that hour, I'm thinking more about that first cup of coffee than about how nice it is outside. That will come in another month, when the grass and trees are green. The seagulls have been here for two weeks already, and are just as ready for warm weather as are we.

I'm looking forward to some different activities, this year. We're going to spend a long weekend in Fairbanks. The distance is 325 miles, give or take, but we've just never had a reason to go, before. Now, we do (fun & games!). My wife & I will spend a long weekend at a local resort, for our anniversary next month - it's number 30. That calls for more than flowers, dinner and a movie.

That's enough babbling for one post. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

joated said...

"I didn't, but could have (grin)."

I find thinking about it is half the exercise I need.